Friday, March 8, 2013

Bad Week

Well I have two entries to write out but I just haven't got to them yet. The first is about having a bone scan and then a recap of my appointment with my cardio / GI / internist that went well. Basically we came up with something that is giving me a LOT more energy. However that has it's down fall too. This last week has been hectic:

Friday - Working at nephew's book fair then over to a friend's place for 'Girl's Night'
Saturday & Sunday - Not feeling well, mom tells me I should stop working the book fairs as they always end up with me getting sick and maybe we shouldn't keep pressing my luck and get me real sick.
Monday - Working at nephew's book fair
Tuesday - Getting some things done around the house
Wednesday - Tutoring for 2 hours, out for supper, some shopping and a movie with mom
Thursday - Went shopping in the states until 2, had a nap then my friend came over for a few hours in the evening
Friday - A small amount of shopping with mom (had to pick up some things at a store that is going out of business)
(Plus tomorrow I am going to my friend's house for "Girl's Night" and Sunday to her parents house for her family birthday dinner)

It's amazing to have energy but the problem was that before I would always end up exhausted before the pain set in so I had to rest before hurting myself. Now I have energy so I just keep going and it's leading to a lot of pain problems. Wednesday night at the theatre I was so close to crying in the theatre I was in so much pain, even after a double dose of breakthrough meds!

Then today mom and I had to go to the store to get some towels (One of my Christmas presents from my parents was that they are going to redo my bathroom in a zebra pattern) but the store closes in a week so wanted to get it while I could. Then mom informs me that she has some grocery shopping to do as well. By the time she was ready to check out I had to go sit on the bench and wait for her. Got home and crawled back into bed. Was in too much pain to sleep but it was the only way I could be bearable. Lying in my warm waterbed was the only way to get comfortable.  Then tonight I don't know what was going on but I had my pain meds and had a heating pad on my lower back, up to my mid back then shoulders than neck and now back down to my lower back.

I am getting very down about the amount of pain. I finally have energy but I am in so much pain I can't enjoy it :( My breakthrough meds are useless, I might as well be eating tic-tac's and unfortunately my doctor will not prescribe the other breakthrough meds that I usually rotate with so I am taking at least one pill a day now with it doing barely anything and advil only helps slightly with some of the muscle pain. I don't want to increase the dosage of my long acting meds but I don't know what else I can do :(

No comments:

Post a Comment