Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 29th - Doctor's appointment for thyroid levels

First off, last week I had to go and get blood work done to see what my thyroid levels were at so my doctor could adjust my medications if needed to be.  I went to my normal place and was slightly worried as I heard a 'strange' voice from the room. Thankfully though my good blood taker, H, then came out, saw me kinda laughed said 'oh' and took off into the bathroom lol.  She then came out and told me to come with her.  And said to the other lady that it was her unlucky day as all the hard people were coming in.  The 'other' lady turned around and I realized it was the lady that retired about two years ago. She turned around and laughed and goes 'Oh yeah, I remember you'. So I am well known in my little town lol.  H remembered everything that had to be done (butterfly needle, between my knuckles and I have my own bandaids) and thankfully everything went well and it only took one try.  She joked while she was getting things set up that she went to call the next person, saw that it was me and decided she needed to pee now because she never knows how long I will take lol

So I went to my doctor on Monday and had a very quick, efficient and good appointment.  My thyroid levels are back in the normal range so I stay on the dose that I am on now.  He is very concerned though as we don't know what caused the massive spike three months ago.  Because of this he wants to keep a very close eye on it and see me every three months whereas generally he would do longer time frames.  I asked him whether this could be the autoimmune disorder that Dr. W always knew I had but couldn't pin down.  Dr. O told me that with the connective tissue disorder (that EDS is) and the handful of other disorders that I have, that all of them could be partially autoimmune and probably would never be able to fully pin down without a LOT of testing which wouldn't really accomplish much as I am already on the medications I need to be on.  He said that especially since things can come on very fast and very seriously (like the Vitamin D deficiency, low thyroid, etc) that he believes that this is the autoimmune showing it's hand and 'sabotaging' itself.  The explanation he gave me made a lot of sense and I think it was basically the conclusion that Dr. W was coming too.

So I go back to get new bloodwork and see my doctor in three months and just stay on what I am on as I am 'stable'.  The next appointment my mom will be coming with me as we need to go over my pain medications again and I don't agree to his thoughts about my breakthrough medications so I need back-up lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment