Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shocking week!

So not only did the appointment with the anesthesiologist go well, my appointment with my internist/cardiologist/gastroenterologist on Tuesday went really well and my appointment today with my GP went really well!!  Shocked that I have had three good doctor appointments in a week!  However, both of those appointments were quite lengthy and a lot of information was gone over so it is going to take a bit to get them all up and posted on the blog as I am still having shoulder issues and can't type much at a time.  But there will be two new and positive posts up here soon.

Oh, I also got a call yesterday from my dentists office saying that a date had just come up so they were able to get me in on June 18th for dental surgery.  I am so glad that it will be all over and done with before the summer really starts (K is in school until the 28th).  I have already had the anesthesiologist consult done, went for my pre-op GP visit (to clear me for surgery) and I go for my pre-op appointment at the hospital on June 1st.  So I will be glad to have this over and done with!

More posts coming soon :)

Quick Edit - I also had an epiphany on the way into taking K to karate last night.  Mom and I were going over the report that I got back from the ortho that I saw a few months ago (more to that in the next post) but we got talking and about for some reason all the pieces dealing with EDS (locals, sedatives, diagnosis, surgeries etc) all fell into place in the best way possible.  One example is that it was good that my wisdom were so impacted because that meant it was done under a general anesthetic at the hospital.  Then I ended up with an infected bone chip that I went back in to the dentist for and that is when we found out that locals didn't work for me.  If my wisdom teeth hadn't been impacted I would have had them removed with only locals.  And if I didn't get that bone chip we wouldn't have known about the locals.  Anyways on the way in I realized that all my joint problems actually DID start when I was grade nine.  We always thought that it all started when I was in university and that it was the stress of the program and the knee surgeries that 'brought out' the EDS.  But in grade nine I remembered that I had tendinitis in my wrists, was in physio for my knees and I was spraining my ankle constantly when I was in grade eight.  They always say that hormones and stress can bring out the EDS or make it worse and it appears that both were right in my case!

No comments:

Post a Comment