Monday, January 6, 2014

December 11th - GP Visit

Mainly this appointment was to get a few refils on medications and to tell him about my neck and get him to order some tests.  Because of the last appointment I had my Mom decided to go with me as backup.  I got me refills with no problems and then told him about my optomotrists appointment last month.  How Dr. D. wanted me to have a CT Scan to check out the right eye socket as I have been having weird feelings in the area.  

He looked up the old bone scan report to read it through again and when he came to one part where it showed degeneration in the joint he just laughed and said "She has EDS of course there is degeneration in the joints, that's what it is!"  Mom and I just looked at each othere and I though that maybe he is actually starting to get it! My GP wasn't sure what to do with that but just grinned and said "I know what will come back but we will order it anyways" so he filled out the forms to get my head and eye scanned. 

I then told him about my neck and how it was really bothering me.  He didn't seem to really want to do anything but then my mom asks if they could not just scan my neck while they were doing the CT to check for problems.  He agreed to that and said he wasn't sure they would do it but that he would request it.  Before having the scan though I had to get bloodwork done and since it was about another few weeks until I had my thyroid tested again he just lumped it all in together for me.

Mom then asked about how often I should be having bone scans and went on to explain my old Rheumy's therory of getting them done every other year to watch for problems.  My GP agreed except said we dont want too much radiation as it could cause more problems but that he agrees that it should be repeated every 2 or 3 years (3 if no problems come up, 2 if I have a bad injury or something seems 'off').

As we are leaving the receptionist suggests that I go get blood work done now as the lab was still open and she couldn't process the CT request until she had the results so mom and I stopped at the clinic on the way home.   Thankfully my girl was there and just laughed when she saw me.  Like usually she got it in using 'our' way of a butterfly between my knuckles and remarked that one of us was getting better at blood draws.  I mentioned this to mom on the way home and she says she thinks its because both me and my blood taker are very comfortable together and that there was no more stress or worry on either our sides anymore.  I know she won't try digging and will get it or pull out and she has learned where the best place for geting blood is.  It's a win-win on both sides.

Of course I came home and crawled into bed.  However I forgot the crucial step of having something sugary to drink and felt horrible when I woke up.  Took a few days to get over that as since I didn't know I was getting blood drawn I didn't load up on water before the test and then didn't get something in me when I got home.  I will NOT make that mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment