Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Internist / Cardiologist appointment tomorrow

This will be the first time I see this doctor since last august, since then:

1) Had an MRI and saw a neurologist who says there is no structural reason for my problems and that my herniated disc is not operable at this point.  Had no suggestions except to see about getting some GI testing done because of the swallowing problems that I have.

2) Started medication to regulate sweating as a result of autonomic dysfunction. Had it last for two months (4 months after starting) and have since stopped the medication as the sweating came back full blown so I didn't want to take medications that I don't need / don't work

3) Diagnosed with osteoporosis (well osteopenia technically but my rheumy calls it full osteoporosis because of my age and the fairly rapid onset) and started perscription medications and supplements for this problem.

4) Had a 'major' knee injury and will be having a surgical consult next tuesday (yikes!).  Also found out how structurally damaged my left knee actually is.  This has also lead to more pain and instability in my hips and ankles.

5) Had my full annual cardiac work-up, need to discuss the results with her.  Find out if I actually do or do not have mitral valve prolapse.

6) Had dental surgery (full general anesthetic) and then had some adverse reactions regarding my heart (blood pressure very low, heart rate very high).  Need to figure out what could be done to prevent this in following surgeries.

7) Mom and I believe I have low thyroid causing lots of issues going on.  I have gained 20-25lbs since I last saw her with no change in diet or activity level, my exhaustion levels and muscle weaknesses are getting worse, I have a lot of problems swallowing food and frequently lose my voice, and my hair is thinning and falling out pretty quickly the last year or so.  These are just a few of the more main things that we have noticed just day in and day out.  My levels show I am normal if you go by the '5' mark but show low thyroid if you go by the '2.5' mark.

So it should be an interesting appointment!  The appointment is at 3:30 and we have had to make arrangements with my dad so he can get K and get him fed and to karate.  I am hoping to make karate tomorrow (as long as my brother will not be there) just don't want to push it lol.  Thankfully K had in his school planner that a math sheet he brought home he had to do #1-5 tonight and #6-10 tomorrow and we just flew threw it all so he won't have homework tomorrow night.

Well I am off here and going to go write up a post that I may or may not actually post.  I will have to see.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck - the thyroid thing should be pretty easy to fix, if they are willing to be a bit flexible on the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the luck, unfortunatly it didn't go very well as she is no where near flexible on the numbers and flat out believes that my thyroid is perfectly healthy and it is something else causing my problems (read the post about the appointment and you will see what I mean)

    ReplyDelete