Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another long overdue post

There have been a lot of things just kinda floating in my head lately.  Family stuff, health stuff, life stuff etc that I haven't really been able to figure out how to put into words so I have just not blogged.  I realize it's been too long (in my mind) since a post so I am going to try to get some of that 'stuff' out, mostly likely in point form-ish style or many subparagraphs.  So here goes:

Brother stuff: Most people (except Sarah and Jen) know that I have a brother who is 9 years older than me (he was adopted) who I actively despise.  I don't normally hold grudges but sometimes you can't just forgive and forget. He is a 'recovering' drug addict with hepatitis C who lost custody of his son (my nephew) when he was just 15 months old (he had only had him for 8 months).  He is person #2 in this post.  Anyways he has a GF who has a daughter and have been coming out to the house once a week or so.  I believe he has some serious phychological problems steming from the years of drug abuse.  Anyways these are the thoughts I am having:
  • Just how many chances can you give a person?  After giving chance after chance and getting hurt in the process, do you give another chance?
  • BGF and mom were talking about K and got out that Brother and BGF have no plans to try and get custody of K.  Brother says that he would not put K through that and knows that he is best here with my parents and I.
  • However, it was not mentioned that is something happens to my parents, I am listed as their choice of guardian for K.
  • Apparently brother really wants to have a relationship with me.  He is very concerned for me and all the health problems that I have and hopes that one day, if something happens to my parents, that he will look after me, if i let him or keep an eye on me if I refuse contact.
  • As a strange side note, it is really weird as BGF is 7 years younger than I am.  BGF's mother is only 3 years older than Brother!!
  • Mom says that she told BGF that as far as she and my dad are concerned I am the person in the role as K's mother.  Would be nice if I got a little recognition of that, like a card on mothers day :(
Health Stuff: I went to see a doctor and got my annual echocardiogram to check out for any structural issues or prolapses.  I have never really been told if I have mitral valve prolapse or not.  My old cardio would tell me one year that I had it, the next yeat that the person who told me I had it was wrong, that it was very mild etc. etc. This guy does a full half hour exam!  The old cardiologist usually did it for 10 minutes top!  He told me that there are no structural issues and he does not believe that I have MVP but that he could see how another doctor would diagnose it as MVP.  He was very nice and I can't wait for my appointment with Dr. C (my internist and new cardiologist)!

Family Stuff: The person who was having issues is back to having issues which means that that is the only thing that gets talked about and it's just such a big mess up there is is disgusting.  They now think that that person is taking other's medications and selling them to get some money as they have severe money issues (despite the big TV, Xbox, PS3, computer, laptop and more pets that anyone would have a hard time looking after financially!  Anyways, enough about that person.  The main thing that has happened is that one of my aunts asked if I would go to her house (3.5 hours away) and house sit for them and watch their pet cat and rat while they go on vacation.  My mom instantly shot her down as saying that is too risky.  With my recurrent dislocations, the shape my knee is currently is in and just all my health issues that it is just not safe for me to do so and that they would be worried sick about me especially since it's a really small town and I have no clue as to my way around their area.  Apparently she apologized and said that she never had any clue that I was in the bad of shape and ill health.  I only see this person twice a year.  One weekend when a bunch of girls get together to go shopping and such and for family christmas.  On both of these occasions I am determined to have fun and be normal for a few days.  I hide my pain and don't mention injuries and honestly my family really have no clue as to the severity of my health issues and how it is dangerous for me to be left alone in a strange house and a strange city for a week.

Well I believe that is about all that has been flying around in my head.  My parents went out tonight so K and I ordered in pizza and than watched the new Harry Potter movie.  Then when my parents got home, mom and I were going to watch Buffy but the Blu-ray's sound was off. After not getting much help and getting really grumpy about it I gave up on finding new cords and just pulled the unit out so I could get back in and 'reboot' the blu-ray and it worked fine after that.  Bad thing is that when I went to get down on the floor to feed my dogs (a lot easier for me than bending down!) I felt a strange feeling in my knee and have had an increase in pain levels.  We have been having a really rainy and damp day so I hope it is just that and that I haven't hurt it more than it already is!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying about the family members - they only see us on holidays or special occasions when we've saved up enough "spoons" for the moment. They don't see us afterward when we're sick and exhausted from the extra activity! So in their minds we "look OK" and must "be OK." Good that your mom stood up for you! It sounds like K does have a tiny bit of sense in his head somewhere. At least he admits he cares about you. That's something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The person who wanted me to watch their house only sees me for one weekend and one day a year, the times I am wanting to forget about 'reality' and just have fun.

    Too bad with brother it's just way too little way too late and he has a long long long way to go *if* he ever becomes family again. That's a story for another post though!

    ReplyDelete