Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weird and scarey event

Today was odd.  Stupidly I had a nice relaxing bath last night.  Why stupid?  Well first of all it made my knee swell up and actually getting out of the tub was like watching a circus act, secondly for some reason my body hates baths.  I have to shower instead now.  I get out of the tub and absolutely everything hurts.  Even if it didn't hurt before the bath, it hurts after the bath.  Oh and epsom salts just magnify that pain for some reason.  So I had my late night bath, stayed up a bit on the computer than actually went to bed at an early time for me.

I get up this afternoon (lovely sleep patterns from the dysautonomia and chronic fatigue syndrome) and feel okay.  Go to the bathroom, do a few things on the computer than I was going to go upstairs as my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter (J) were out and we were 'doing' valentines today.  Well I first go into the bathroom to make sure I am mostly presentable, go to the bathroom and when I went to stand up I ended up slamming myself into the wall (thankfully I have a tiny bathroom so no injuries).  I didn't think much of it but then I went upstairs, gave J her valentine, said hi to them and went to ask mom about Shaggy's pill.  She stops me instantly and asks why I am shaking so much.  I look down and my hands are shaking like crazy!  Mom tells me to come and sit down, she checks if I am fevered and asks me what is causing it and I have no clue.  A few moments later I break out in the sweats that I thought we had under control with medications.  I was drenched in no time and still shaking like crazy!

She took them home and when she came back she had me drink one of my electrolyte mixes and just stay quiet for a while.  This evening the sweats have mostly stopped, my hands aren't shaking but I still just feel 'off'.  Mom uttered the dreaded 'maybe the medications aren't working anymore' but I don't think that is the problem as this came on very suddenly with no warning signs at all.  Figure I will just lay low for a few days and hope it all just goes away.

2 comments:

  1. That is scary - wonder if your body doesn't like getting overheated in a bath? I believe it might make your blood pressure go down too, because all your blood vessels widen when you get hot. I can't go into whirlpools or saunas because of it. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my body doesn't like baths, that's why we have a grab bar and just bought a shower seat and bath mat for in it. It usually only lasts a little while, never into the next day! I was out today for a bit and got really lightheaded and off feeling again, slightly sweaty but not really shakey. Not sure which med might need adjusting. Will get it figured out after my dental surgery.

    ReplyDelete