Monday, June 13, 2011

Internist / Cardiologist Reprt

As mentioned in a prior post, my GP printed out the report that he had got from my internist /cardiologist for me to have for my records.  Just in the elevator going down one floor I had already found many mistakes and things that were just blatantly wrong.  Here are some of them:
  • The dosage of the only medication that she deals with is wrong - states 25mg in AM, 180mg in pm when it is 25mg in AM and 50mg in PM.
  • Stated I had a good couple of months without sweating when in reality it was about 3 weeks top.
  • In the same paragraph that she is talking about the sweating she mentions that I have noticed hair falling out and swallowing issues.  I have told her many times that I do not feel that those issues are related to the sweating issues
  • States that 'she is more frustrated then before' and then says "I am really not sure what is happening"
  • Mentiones that I have been on the internet 'again' and contacted others and believe I have thyroid issues. States bloodwork was normal and that she really doesnt believe the swallowing issues are from that.
  • Says that I deny having any heartburn, acid or food regurgitation (never been asked and I do most definitly have all three of these)
  • States that a head and abdomen are normal and that MSK and screening neurological exam are non-contributary.  I do not remember said tests being done except for the first visit I saw her.
  • Suggests that I should have an assesment with a speech and swallowing pathologist
Nothing too big but still things I am not too pleased about.  Will have to discuss this report with her on my next visit and possibly point out some issues (like the medication dosages) when I see my GP next as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment