Friday, June 3, 2011

Long day.... (and health update)

I was up around 9:30 this morning (very early for me) so that mom and I could attend an assembly at K's school.  Because I help with the bookfair three times a year and mom does that as well as having kids read to her once a week, we were invited to a 'thank-you' gathering at his school.  We got to see some of the year end 'awards' handed out and then all of the volunteer's got a nice yellow carnation, a small box of Laura Secord Chocolates (only two, haven't tried them yet) and a thank-you card from one of the students.  We then headed to the library were there was a nice fruit tray and cheese tray as well as some drinks for us to eat.  We got things figured out for the book fair next week and left there around 11:30. 

Mom and I then headed into town to do some shopping.  Well, correction, a LOT of shopping!  Got a lot of great deals though!  Only went to four stores but it felt a lot longer!  We went to:
  • Zellers - got a shirt on sale 50% off, a DS game for $10, two books that were $3 each and a CD for $1.  (Mom picked up quite a few good deals including the U-build Sorry game and a travel edition of Battleship for us to take up to the cottage with us in July so he has something 'new' to play)
  • Sears as my friend is registered there for her wedding (had to order the gift though as they had none in store) and I got a great deal there!! (Skirt - normally $35 on for $15, capri's - normally $30 for $19)
  • Pennington's - 2 pairs of shorts and a shirt that was 50% off (Mom got two pairs of shorts too, going to have to write our names in them though as we are the same size and there are only two colours!)
  • Walmart where I just got Shaggy some bones and dog food (even that was on sale! normaly $10 got it for $7) and got one of the X-men movies for K and I to watch - normally $15 and I got it for $5
After we were done at Walmart we went over to a restaurant and got take-out fish & chips for supper (this place is really good, all the day is fish and chips) and came home to eat it.  After that and letting things settle for a while, mom, K and I watched the last four episodes of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".  Thinking we will watch "Angel" next even though "Everwood" and "Joan of Arcadia" are up there as well (would have to buy the latter, have all released seasons of the former).  Then I came down to my room and am typing this up :)

So, guess I should give a breif 'health' update as I haven't posted for a while.  I saw my GP on monday and was relieved that the 'appointment' went more smoothly than I could have imagined!  My rheumy does all my pain medications and the ones I was on currently needed switching to the next one (we rotate my breathrough and long-acting pain meds when they start becoming ineffective so I don't build up a huge tolerance to them).  Well I didn't know if my GP would switch them or not but he did with no questions asked.  So I switched my breakthrough meds on monday and my long-acting ones on thursday and have been doing pretty good with them.

My knee hasn't seemed to be doing well lately for some reason.  I am back up to being swollen, unable to cross my legs on that side and having to prop it up in bed.  The entire lateral side of the leg is very sore and tender.  I really hope my rheumy gets back soon as I need some answers and / or something that can be done to relieve some of the pain!

What has been the worse however is the horribly painfull neuropathic pain in my right shoulder.  It feels like it is burning 24/7 and even wearing a baggy t-shirt is not comfortable.  I am on a medication for this that my rheumy has told me I can play around with so I have started taking it twice a day now instead of just once a day.  Hoping that it kicks in soon though as this is exrutiatingly painfull.  It has left me in tears most nights because there just isn't anything I can do to help it and just have to wait and see if the more frequent dose will help.

Major dislike - we were coming home from K's karate (he is already up to his advanced blue belt :D - just had to be the proud auntie for a minute there lol) last night and as there are a lot of large transport trucks around here and we get lots of snow, we have many potholes and very bumpy roads.  We got about 10 minutes away from the house and I got a headache, 5 minutes out it was nausea and when we got home it was the full headache, neck pain and stiffness, nausea, cold sweats and dizzyness.  I haven't had an 'attack' like this in a very long time.  Took a few gravol and ended up laying on the couch for the rest of the night.  When I got into bed and lying down properly I started experiencing vertigo if I rolled over on the bed.  No problems like that standing up, just when laying down.  Today I have been really off balance and have had to grab the shoppnig cart or whatever was around to stop from falling down.  Really hoping all that fun stuff isn't starting to come back!  I started taking a medication for it years ago and it has worked great ever since, haven't felt this affected by it in a very long time, thankfully though the duration of this 'attack' was a LOT shorter than the ones I used to get!

Well all that stuff being done today plus all the not feeling good means I will end it here as I am going to go crawl in my nice warm waterbed and hopefully get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment