Friday, June 24, 2011

Updates are done - as well as a new update lol

Well I have finally got all the posts up that I needed to do (I think I did at least) and believe I am now caught up.  For those of you who have been trying to follow this but got confused I apologize.  I had a lot of different topics that I wanted to blog about, if only so I have it as a 'record' for myself and to also try to explain why I have been quiet for so long.  So, I wrote seven posts over the last few days to update on all that has been going on.  I will list those seven along with a link to get to that post, and they will then be in order as I did not write them in any particular order.  Here they go:

My nephews doctor's appointment regarding learning difficulties and how we can help him

My own doctor's appointment with my GP and what we learned and decided to do

The report that my internist / cardiologist wrote up and sent to my GP (who then gave it to me)

A great K moment, by his amazingly proud Auntie (Note: We got his grade back and he got a B+!!!)

K's 9.5th Birthday Party

An unsettling conversation with my brother

Reply from a letter that I send to a very informed EDS trained Doctor

And those are the entries that took me forever to finally finish but I believe each one of those entries are important and needed me to tell about for some reason or another.  Now on to the current update :)

The increasing of the elavil is kicking my butt!  When I started on it years ago most doctor's were shocked as it did not make me tired at all and did not contribute to a good sleep.  Apparently I fell into the 5% of people who do not get tired from it.  Well adding this itty bitty little bit extra (I was on 100mg, now up to 110mg) is making be absolutly exhausted!  All I want to do is sleep, I can sleep for 12 hours a night and be ready for a nap just two hours after I wake up!  I do know however that when I started this medication my health and body were not as badly affected by the EDS where nows there has been a lot of changes.  It has only been a week and I know I have to give it plenty of time for my body to adjust to it so going to give it another week at minimum, probably more like a full month before I decide anything.  I just want these headaches gone!!

Been having more and more joint issues.  My right shoulder has been really acting up lately.  I went back to taking the neurontin twice a day instead of once a day as the burning nerve pain was getting way out of hand.  Unfortunatly the increase hasn't seemed to help too much.  I now basically have that burning pain 24/7.  I am honestly a little nervous putting ice or heat on it as I am not sure how good the skin is there and I don't want to end up doing more damage than there already is.  Add to this I am now also getting basic pain.  If I try to reach in front of me to get something (like sitting on my couch and reaching forward to get a drink) I get a horrible stabbing pain right into my back that sends enough of a jolt through me that I have already been modifying stuff to stop this even though it's not been that long.  And then add the basic 'tired' feeling and you have a really great shoulder pain trifecta!

My hip is also causing issues.  Last night I went to bed and read for a while.  When I tried to roll over to turn the light out I got a shooting pain into my hip area that took my breath away.  I then noticed that the way I was laying, my left foot was in the position that the entire arch side was right on the bed so I had my entire leg turned a little over quarter of the way in.  I finally managed to get the leg to go straight only to find that I could now no longer bend my leg.  It got to the point that I almost called my mom upstairs to come down to help me.  However, after a dose of advil and breakthrough meds as well as the warm waterbed and me gently massaging the area and I could move again.  It is defintly not something I want to experience again that is for sure!!!!

As I mentioned in one of the posts, I only noticed tonight that I have a positive ANA factor on my recent round of bloodwork.  I had mistakenly thought that the 'Postive' was part of the C-Reactive Protein test until I looked further.  At this point I honestly don't know what to think.  Going to google for a while and let it sink in and will post soon about where I am at and what my plans for the future, medically at least, are.

No comments:

Post a Comment