Monday, January 10, 2011

Dental Surgery Date

Well I just got a call from my dentist office with my date for my anesthetic consult.  Because of the issues I have (asthma, heart, neck, TMJ etc) I always have to do an anesthetic consult to go over everything with them and discuss the issues I have.  I have to tell them that not a single local anesthetic can be used for any reason (horrible reaction to them and they don't even do any freezing!), how to position my joints properly so I don't end up in a lot of pain (not sure what we are going to do about the knee this time through....) and how I am hard to get an IV in and that I bruise really really easily so they have to be gentle.

Anyways that appointment is made for February 18th and surprisingly she had the surgery date all lined up as well for March 9th!  Never thought I would get in that quickly.  She doesnt have a time but as Dr. M has me write down that I have a latex 'allergy' (sensativity but they never seem to get that so he tells them it's an allergy) that I get done first thing in the morning.  But they will tell me when my time slot is when they call to schedule the pre-op appointment.  Just have to make an appointment with my family doctor and everything is all set up.  Oh and I have to figure out who I go to to perscribe my pre-dental surgery antibiotic, then everything will be done!

Now hopefully news about my OS referal will come just as quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment