Monday, January 24, 2011

That makes sense!

Well in going through and posting my knee saga, I just did the write up about my last two knee surgeries.  I was going through and remembering details and remembered how I would get severe muscle cramps in my calf's after my second surgery.  We went out and bought heat patches and had to be very careful as I couldn't use a heating pad and had to watch what medications I took.  Well it now all makes sense!  It is the same reaction I had after having my wisdom teeth out!  When I had my wisdom teeth out I had such severe muscle cramps in my calves that we actually ended up in the Emergency Room getting tests done and getting an injection of pain medications.  I am now very curious to find out if they gave me a local anesthetic during my last surgery.  It would make sense as they knew we had a long (a little over an hour) drive to get home and were giving me medications so I would make it home comfortably.  I bet a shot of a local was done as well to keep it numb for a few hours.  At that time we didn't know about the EDS and we also had no clue about the reactions I have to local anesthetics!  I can't believe it took so long to figure that out.  Now I know that if I have to have surgery again in the big city we will have to make sure that no locals are used!

No comments:

Post a Comment