Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to me :) (& My munchkin - K)

Well I turn 29 today which isnt too bad, the scarey thing is that K turns 9!!!  I can't believe he is getting so old.  I still have clear memories from when I was his age, so that means he is going to remember things he does now for the rest of his life which is just so amazing to think about.  I have always thought that it was cool that he was born on my 20th birthday.  Everyone always jokes that he was my birthday present, but you know what?  He has been the best birthday present I have ever gotten.  I can't even imagine not having him around, or for me to live far away from him and not see him every day.  He had a lot of chaos in his early years (my parents got custody when he was 15 months old) but now knows nothing except stability and love.  Anyways.... :S

Didnt sleep well last night, figure it was the heat from the water bed as I woke up and my knee was the most swollen it has been in many many years (talking immideate post-surgery here!).  Mom woke me up around 10 so K could come down and open his presents.  Mom and Dad got him a bunch of 'Dragon Universe' toys (all the 6 dragon / fighter combos and one of the attack ships) and a couple of model tanks for him to build (he has really got into that hobby of building models with dad which is really cool).  However, I think I stole the show yet again, what can I say, I know what my munchkin wants lol.  I got him DJ Hero for the Wii.  He opened it up, his eyes widened and he got the goofiest grin on his face then looked at me so surprised, it was great!  As usual as I am so hard to buy for my parents gave me some money to buy something for myself.  Mom even told me that I am to go out and buy whatever I want and not feel guilty about it lol.  I feel guilty buying myself 'fun' things with the amount of debt I have (which really is very low for my age bracket!) so now I can do something guilt free.  I will probably get a few Wii games as I have my eye on a few that I would like.  After we did the presents mom told me that I should go put some ice on my knee again and lie down until our company came.

I woke back up around 2 and played around on the computer.  I had a dilema getting dressed as I should have had a shower but was not going to risk getting in a slippery shower with the way my knee was and the warm water would have just made my knee swell even worse.  I also couldnt put any of my pants on so ended up with my nice new argyle sweater, butterfly necklace and.... yoga pants :S  Our company was a family who K is close to the two boys in and the family has been going through a really tough time with their kids and my parents have been there for them and at this point, they only have the kids for a few days so mom and dad thought it would be nice to invite the whole family down (the parents, a boy in grade 5, a boy in grade 3 and a girl in grade 2).  They came down, us adults talked while the kids played and then mom went to get some KFC for supper then we had birthday cakes (chocolate cake with white icing for K and cookie dough and vanilla soft serve ice cream for me).  The adults went home shortly after supper and the kids stayed playing until 8.

Okay, I will admit that I had a bit of a breakdown again today.  Dad was going to the store and I asked him if he could get a movie so he suggested I get dressed and come with him !?!?  I got really mad because one minute he is asking if I want to go the the ER and the next minute he is wanting me to do things that I shouldnt be doing as I literally cant do it without a lot of pain.  He left and I got mad and headed to my room.  Then I  managed to spill my tea in my room and mom came down and chastised me for cleaning it up myself and that I should have called her to help me.  I blurted out that I hated calling people to help.  She then said she was going to the store to get some ice so we could hook up my ice machine.  I heard mom and dad talking upstairs and I am pretty sure it was about me.  I came upstairs before dad left and I can't remember what happened but mom joked to dad that I was depressed and upset about my knee and that at least when I hurt my wrist I could still walk and do things.  So I guess she really does get it now.  We watched 'Grown Ups' later and if I even looked like i was going to get up she got up and asked what I had wanted. 

The strangest thing about all of this is Shaggy!  Usually he gets really anti-social and overly protective of me when I am hurt and won't let people near me.  The parents of the kids were here and Shaggy kept going over to the man for scratches and pets!!  Shaggy doesnt go near men very often, we strongly believe he was abused by a man so the fact that he stuck to the dad like glue was just amazing!  He was so well behaved and social which is usually not Shaggy.  Also he has been acting weird with me too.  If I am up walking or doing something he jumps up and pushes on my back.  He will keep doing this, even scratching a bit at me until I sit down and as soon as I sit down he settles down and goes off to do his own thing.  Mom and I are strongly believing that he knows I shouldnt be walking and wants me to get sitting down where I am 'safe' and not in pain.  He is an amazing dog, I also dont know what I would do without him.

How ironic is that!  I just finished this post exactly 29 years to the minute from when I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment