Sunday, December 26, 2010

Home and still in pain and grumpy

I hate relying on others.  Absolutly hate it, but I dont have that option right now :(  Obviously with my knee we didn't do any boxing day shopping so came home early.  Pretty uneventfull trip.  Took a while for me to find an even slightly comfortable position (I was in the front seat of the truck and had to keep my leg as straight as I could as any bending hurts) and then tried to stay there as much as possible.  I did manage to sleep for a great deal of the trip home so that made it easier.  I called the kennel soon after we left to find out of we could pick up the dogs this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning and they said it was okay.

We got home around 2 and I headed straight down to bed as I couldnt help unload the truck, my knee was killing me and I was still exhausted.  I woke up around 3:45 as we were supposed to pick the dogs up around 4, however my parents made the decision that they would go out and pick up the dogs and I would stay home with K and just stay off of my leg and keep icing it.  The dogs got home and Tazzy went nuts lol.  He has so much energy and gets so excited.  Shaggy snubs me though, he ignores me for a while until he thinks it is enough then comes to suck up with me.  However, I threw a wrench in his plans when I got up and limped to the bathroom and he quickly followed me and stuck to me like glue from then on.  Mom went out and got supper (stores were closed and we had nothing in the house so had to get take out) and after supper and tea I settled back on to the couch to watch some TV.  I got up at one point to get something and Shag's followed me and then when I stood there talking to mom and he kept jumping up at me and gently pushing me.  I kept telling him to stop it until mom speaks up and tells me that Shaggy is trying to get me to go sit down!  I went back to the couch, he jumped up on the couch beside me and went to sleep.  He is such a great dog!! 

Watched TV for quite a while as there was nothing to do (and nothing really on TV) with Tazzy curled up on my lap, Shaggy going around the living room to different spots to sleep.  At one point Taz and Shags ended up sleeping on the same blanket right next to each other and touching.  Came down to my room around 11 and realized that I couldnt sit on my couch to watch TV / play on the computer as I didnt have anywhere to put my leg, so had to move everything back over to my bed like I used to do.  Mom helped me wrap up K's birthday presents.  I almst was in tears at one point this night as mom was so tired and had a sore back but I needed ice packs and stuff.  I hate being dependant on someone, especialy someone who is so tired and feeling worn down so almost ended up in tears.  I am just so concerned that I have really done something to me knee and if I don't let it have as much time as it needs to heal so I don't make things worse.  Anyways I'll end it here as I have a few things left to do before bed and we have people coming over around 3:30 tomorrow for our birthday 'party' (K has two good friends that are brothers havent been around the last few months that he has really missed so they, as well as their sister and parents) for KFC, an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (mine) and cake (K)

Fun Fact: K was born on my 20th birthday :D.  Weird Fact: My paternal grandma was born on August 27th, 8 months later her first born (my dad) was born on April 27th, 8 months later his first born (me) was born on December 27th and then K (first of his generation) was also born on December 27th.  So we have 4 generations all born within exactly 4 months of each other. Creepy Fact: I was born at 11:46pm on December 27th and was born at 29 weeks, so very very premature.  K was due around the 20th but was born a week late on December 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment