Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Get to know me 'quiz'

Well since I am wide awake and not tired (and trying to stay occupied so I don't go googling more autoimmune disorders before my appointment tomorrow) and I saw this somewhere else I figured why not fill it out so you can all have strange and weird facts about me :D

A. Age: 29

B. Bed size: I believe it is called a 'super single' it's an old waterbed

C. Chore you dislike: don't do many anymore (tend to break things are make things worse) but I hated loading the dishwasher - especially when someone will put some water in the sink to let something soak then others pile more dishes on top of it and you have to reach into the water, totally disgusting!

D. Dogs: Yup, love them and couldn't live without them.  I have my dog, Shaggy, who is a lhaso-apso and tibetan terrier mix and is 5.5 years old and we have a family dog, Tazzy, who is a Jug (Jack Russell and Pug mix) who is 1.5 years old.  I have had two other wonderful dogs in my life and am thankfully for all the love they gave and was very hard to lose them.

E. Essential start to your day: Take my morning medications then go and check out my email and stuff online

F. Favorite color: Blue, and some purples (Ironically my high school's colours were blue and white and my universities were purple and gold)

G. Gold or silver: Silver

H. Height: 5'3 at the start of the day and 5'2 at the end lol

I. Instruments you play(ed): Always too klutzy and non-artistic to play any music. Guitar would have been fun though

J. Job title: Officially Disabled, would love to do webpages in my free time if the opportunity presents itself

K. Kids: That's a tricky one.  Anyone who knows me is aware that I think of my nephew as my own child.  I live with my parents and my parents have full custody of him so I get to help out in the raising of him and watch this amazing young man grow into an even amazinger adult.  As far as having kids, it will not happen.  When I was diagnosed with EDS and found out it was genetic I made my mind up then and there (literally in the genetisists office) that I would not risk passing this on to a child.  They would have a 50-50 chance of getting it and not to mention that it would probably adversly affect my health as well.

L. Live: Southern Ontario, Canada

M. Mom’s name: Linda - my middle name is from her, Lyn

N. Nicknames: Nini (K), Muff (dad), Stace (everyone) but no real nicknames, my friends tried out many in high school but none of them never really stuck

O. Overnight hospital stays: a few as a child - pnemonia, concussion, tonsilectomy, tubes in ears, infections and 2 months in the NICU when I was born.  Thankfully none as an adult, despite all the surgeries

P. Pet peeves: People who do not respect others, people that use others for their own gain, people who have their priorites all messed up, liars and fakes.  All really back to the respect issue

Q. Quote from a movie: Totally drawing a blank!!

R. Righty or lefty: Right

S. Siblings: Another tough question... I prefer to think of myself as an only child, but as I have a nephew I obviously have to have a sibling, legally at least...

T. Time you wake up: Whenever my body decides it has had enough sleep, usually noonish :S

U. Underwear: Strange question! Of course I wear underwear

V. Vegetables you don’t like: most vegetables!  I like some raw veggies with dip, or corn on the cob or decobbed (as long as it's not creamed!), I am more of a fruit person

W.What makes you run late: Getting ready taking more time than normal becaue of some strange health quirk (dislocation, sweats, fatigue etc) but I am generally on time, if not early

X. X-rays you’ve had: LOL not even going to attempt this one!  I have had three sets done so far this year!

Y. Yummy food you make: Shepards Pie, a really good taco dip

Z. Zoo animal favorites: If there is an aquatic section then that is my favourite part, otherwise it would have to by all the different types of monkeys.  The lions at the last zoo we went to were fascinating to watch as well, just not as entertaining as the monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment