Friday, March 11, 2011

Post- surgery issues

Just thought I would post how things are going.  My jaw is still a little swollen and I can't open my mouth all the way yet but it's not that painfull anymore (just advil works good).  Had normal supper tonight, just cut in smaller pieces.  Because of the bite not lining up I am having some issues eating and chewing things so sticking to easier foods.  However, the big issue is my blood pressure.  I have been going right from bed (slept 17 hours straight last night!) to the couch upstairs that reclines so I can have my legs in front of me and my head resting on something.  I barely made it through supper and had to go sit/lay back down on the couch.  We got out our blood pressure machine and mine was 98/70 and my pulse was down to 81!  I only took half my dose of atenelol last night and think I may even cut it down some more and just take it once daily until I am feeling better.  Going to call my cardiologist on monday to see what she thinks.  Mom says I am still very very pale so I have just been sitting on the couch and she has been getting me what I need so I don't have to keep getting up and down.  Not sure what's going on with the heart / blood pressure but I would be happy if it figured itself out!!

2 comments:

  1. It was pretty scarey for a while! Thankfully we got the bp and pulse under control and found out that my ear drum is bulging from the swelling in the jaw causing a bunch of the problems.

    ReplyDelete