Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yes, I know it's only some fillings

Does that mean I can't be nervous about going under yet another general anesthetic?  This is the 7th time in about 10 years.  My body doesn't really like anesthetics and I usually end up not feeling well and in pain for a significant amount of time.  It's not like I am the same as my mom going under a general for a minor procedure.  Yes this is the minorist of minor surgery but I still don't want to have it done!  I would much rather have a local and have it done in the dentist office like normal people but that just does not work.  Not only do local's do absolutly nothing for me (one oral surgeon gave me the maximum legal dose of local at one point and I still felt absolutly everything) but I also appear to be allergic to them as I get really sick following them.  Landed in the emergency room after the last time I had a local as the muscles in my calves contracted so bad and spasmed so bad that I could not walk.  I also had to go on stomach medications because my esophagus decided to send food up instead of working to send food down.  I am a lot more nervous about the IV and have told my mom that her sole job is to get the nurses to take the IV out as soon as possible.  Also going to ask for the 'relaxer' (we assume ativan) that they gave the second last time as the IV was so much easier that time.  Oh well.  We have to be there at 6am and it's a 30 minute drive so I should get off of here soon and get to bed.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment