Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can't Sleep

Ugh, I hate it when after watching TV with mom I am tired so I come down and actually go right to bed (instead of doing all my computer stuff for like half and hour before sleeping) but then can not get to sleep for the life of me.  I was exhausted at 10:30 but here it is 2am and I am wide awake :S  So I figured why not put up a post.  Something is bugging me but not really important but since I am bored and can't sleep I will post what has been doing on.

Today I woke up and had planned on going to a meeting at K school (just so the resource teacher could talk to my dad about what is going on with K) but my lower back just felt all kinked up and it hurt to take a deep breath.  Took some advil and went back to sleep instead of getting up.  Mom and dad got home around 11 and asked if I wanted to go into town but I still wasnt feeling all that great so stayed home.  I got up around 1:30 (that is actually early for me sadly) and messed around on the computer before going upstairs.  We have a raised-ranch style house so we have the basement and the upstairs with our front door being on a landing between floors.  So we have two half-flights of stairs.  I got to the landing and honestly wasn't sure I was going to make it all the way up.  My legs felt so tired and weak!   I made it up and while getting a glass of chocolate milk (for some reason even though I am basically lactose intolerant I can tolerate chocolate milk, we think it's the sugars.  I need to have dairy daily for the osteopenia) and lost my balance and had to grab onto the counter to stop from falling.  Back downstairs I went.  When I got called up for supper I took all my 'night things' (glasses, a book etc to use while watching TV or before) and seriously wondered if I would actually make it up.  I had to go right over to my chair and sit down as my legs felt so weak (I usually help mom set the table and get all of our vitamins doled out).  All evening my legs just felt so tired and the few times I got up I seemed unsteady on my feet.  Came downstairs and it just felt like my body was exhausted and that was why I tried to go to bed early but my mind wasn't tired.  I am still having lower back pain and pain in my one hip and my legs are still feeling shakey and weak.  Will have to see how it goes tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be pretty good.  K goes for grading tomorrow night to get his blue belt in karate.  He has been stuck at his purple advanced belt for quite a long time and we were getting annoyed as he was seeming to fall through the cracks but he is back at it and hopefully can get back to getting his belts in a more timely manner (he was getting very frustrated being on that belt so long!).  He started last february and this will be his 9th belt (he has got his white, white advanced, yellow, yellow advanced, orange, orange advanced, purple and purple advanced).  After this he just needs to get his blue, blue advanced, green, green advanced, 3rd degree brown, 2nd degree brown and 1st degree brown and then goes for his junior blackbelt!  We are so proud of him and he really excels in this sport and has gained so much confidence from it.  It's an amazing dojo and the sensei and other instructers are really good with kids and the one teacher, Mr. R, has a learning disabled son whom was not supposed to live an independent life but he put him in karate and the boy is holding down a job and his own appartment.  So Mr. R has been really good for K and K just loves him, well he likes all his teachers but Mr. R is really special.  Sensei R is also really good and sees K as his little protegie and envisions him going straight through to black belt with not too many issues.  Once K gets to his blue advanced belt he gets a new weapon which should be good, it will be the first real weapon the 'tonfa' (click for a picture of one). He has done small sticks, batons and staff but this will be the first actual weapon, after that he goes to nunchaku!!

Well I have babbled on here about basically nothing so should probably go and try to get some sleep, or at least find something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment