Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekend with My Munchkin (K)

Most people know by now that my 9 year old nephew lives with my parents and I.  My parents have had full custody of him since he was about 15 months old.  We definitly have a unique situation going on but it is perfect for us :D  My parents decided to go away to a friend's house for the weekend and so it's just K and me (and the dogs) all weekend.  I sleep on a waterbed and have all my life, my parents (and K) all have normal beds.  I don't do well on normal beds and don't sleep well, and I do not to well on little sleep.  So my parents took the matress of K's bed (one of those new foam types that are pretty light) and brought it down to my room to put on the floor for him to sleep so I could still sleep in my waterbed.

I picked him up from school and we came home and he played on the Wii for awhile and then we left around 4:30.  We first went in and went to the theatre to get our tickets in advance for 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules' and then went to Pizza Pizza to order our supper before heading over to Walmart.  They had a pile of Bakugan stuff on sale thursday when we went in and mom got about $80 worth of stuff for only $12.50.  Thankfully we had got all the main pieces (they had some nice tin boxes with special ones that would work great for storage on for $2.50, there were three colours so we got all three) as they were very picked over and nothing new today.  He really wanted some Halo action figures and, as it was his money, I agreed he could get a two pack of the action figures but made sure he knew that he would not be playing the game for a very long time!  We then went back over to Pizza Pizza for supper, and after a breif mishap we were able to eat and get to the show in good time.  I got a small popcorn and a large pop (I need lots of liquid now a days) and got K a large slushie then we went in and watched the movie.  They are actually pretty good with good story lines that aren't to cheesy or 'pushy' in morals.  After that we went back to walmart as I wanted to get something (in the end they didn't even have it!) but while looking at games (checking out the price for the Wii game we rented) I found the game "Beastly" (after the book and movie) for $19 so picked it up. 

We had a nice 'surprise' when we got home.  Tazzy (our little 15lb Jug - Jack Russel and Pug) had got past the gate and into my room.  He also managed to dig / rip a good 6 inch slash in K's sheet and made it right through the foam mastress topper (thankfully just one of those egg shell ones, not memory foam!) and there was foam all over the place.  I will try to put up a picture of it later (just quickly typing this up while K winds down from the day before we go to bed).  So we had a great deal of cleaning up to do and then having to remake the bed.  Now we are all holed up in my room and all four of us will spend the night here - m, K, Tazzy and my dog Shaggy (around 35lb Tibetan Terrier and Lhasa Apso mix, and my suck and first dog that is actually mine and not the familes - even though he is treated and acts like a family dog).  Just letting K watch some Star Wars Clone Wars on the TV as he is curled all up in bed with both dogs on there with him while I finish this then I will go to bed and read for a while.  My knee and mouth are hurting pretty bad now (knee - all the hurried walking we did, the driving and sitting in the movie theatre; mouth - eating spicier foods like pizza and attempting to eat popcorn) so I have taken some pain killers and just waiting for them to kick in.  Hoping that K doesnt wake up too early tomorrow morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment