Tuesday, March 22, 2011

OS Appointment

It was weird going to the clinic today to have my follow-up after the CT scan.  Exactly 9 years earlier I had been there having my second knee operation so it was just kinda strange.  Not too much to report though.  She showed us the report (and gave me a copy to take on thursday to my rheumy) and the scans.  Weird thing is that if you just had the scans and nothing else, you would think I was being seen for my left knee.  On the scans it shows that when my quad's were constricted my right knee subluxed laterally 10% while my left knee subluxed laterally 30%.  Apparently I dont really have a 'grove' for my knee cap to sit in, it's almost like a flat surface and that plus the ligament laxity plus the hypermobility plus 'me' is what causes the problem.  Dad kind of joked at one point that it was too bad we didn't have a good knee to compare it to and she said that no, neither of my knees were good.  So I asked if in reality my left knee was a lot worse off than my right knee she kinda just said well we are going on symptoms for now.  Becasue I go see the top Doctor in two months (which she was shocked about as it usually takes around a year to get in to him) she said she will just leave things and it will be up to Dr. L to decide if I am a surgical candidate and for which procedure.

That's about it, nothing really happened except I have a copy of the report to take to my rheumy on thursday.  It's going to be a busy week!  Had my OS appt today, go to the dentist tomorrow for a very probably nasty infection going on, rheumy on thursday and then my parents are going away for the weekend leaving K with me so that means not much sleep!  At least I have the weekend planned (basically) with things for us to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment