Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rheumatologist Appointment

The last appointment of the week finally!  First thing he says as he watches me walk to the chair is 'You are walking horribly on that left foot', had never seen someone who turned over so much before, especially in shoes!  I gave him the report of the CT scan that I had done and he mentioned that he wishes he had got it sooner but when I told him I only got it myself on tuesday he thanked me for bringing him a copy.  He asked what the clinic was thinking and I told him that I had to go see Dr. L to see if I was a surgical candidate or not.  He said he hopes that they can fix it and that it isn't something we look back on in 20 years regretting.  He then got out the bloodwork results and it's definitly good news!  Even though I have early signs of either RA or Lupus, all the bloodwork has come back with negative values :)  It is things we will have to keep an eye on, especially as I am showing early signs with my hands and 'bumps' and sjorgrins types of issues.  He then asks me if I have tried another medication and when I said no he said that was good as he was looking at it for the future.  Imagine that, a doctor that not only has a plan, but also a back up plan for when the first plan doesn't work anymore!  Everything was good so I go back to him in two months, just shortly after I see Dr. L.

Mom and I than headed over to Walmart where I bought two CD's (Adam Lambert's Live CD and Pink's greatest hits), two DVD's (Yogi Bear and The Day After Tomorrow) and yet another book (Diane Chamberlain's The Lies We Told), then we went to Arby's for lunch and headed home.  I crawled into bed to have a nap before K got home from school.  I got up when he got home to go and help him with his homework than I took him into Karate, just the two of us.  He did well, got his form for grading next week which will put him at a Blue belt finally (he got held up on his purple advance because of the instructors and him getting messed up memorizing his weapon, staff, move - short term memory is one of his issues with his CAPD).  After that we headed over to Blockbuster for him to pick out a game for the weekend.  My parents are going away for the weekend on their own for once so K is staying home with me.  I didn't want to leave Blockbuster til friday as I knew the game he would want (even though he didnt think he wanted it until I showed it to him lol) so thought it might be out of stock.  We got the game he wanted (Star Wars 3 Lego - Clone Wars) and picked up two more DVD's (The fourth Shrek and Alpha & Omega) on sale so we have those as well. 

Got home and we watched American Idol (not sure if I agree with the save but just glad it wasn't Stefano going home) and mom and I watched an episode of Buffy and that was about my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment