Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scarey Thought

When I went upstairs for supper, I complained (well okay I out right whined) that my mouth was still hurting.  That it was the teeth and gums and it was just unrelenting despite all of the pain killers and advil and icing.  Nothing seems to be able to stop it and the teeth are all hyper-sensitive right now.  I said a joke and then mom and I just stood there in silence as we wondered if that might actually be the problem and we have no clue what would happen if it was true. 

You see all the fillings I have had so far were all the white type.  This time, in the back teeth, he used a silver type of filling as he felt it would stand up better and work out better.  The pain in my mouth took quite a few days after surgery for it to start.  I was in absolutely no pain when I woke from surgery (except in my knee) and didn't really have any issues besides the anesthetic, blood pressure/pulse and lung issues right away.  I think it was at least 3 days before the bad pain set in the actually tooth and gum area (before that it was jaw line / ear). 





So our scarey idea ............................................. I am allergic to whatever the silver fillings are made out of

4 comments:

  1. I found that my teeth were super sensitive after my last cleaning and nothing seemed to help. Finally in desperation I tried Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief. It wasn't cheap but it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you're not allergic to your fillings! Have you tried taking any Benadryl or something? THat might help if it is an allergy. Try to get in for an alergy test, and talk to the dentist to find out what exactly is in the fillings.

    Hugs,
    BubbleGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. JC - I use sensadyne all the time now, it has seemed to help the most and is what my dentist suggegsted. We know that my teeth get really sensitive after any cleaning or dental work and it just takes time to settle down. I think I will have to get what ever is going on in my mouth figured out first before going for the sensitive issues!

    BubbleGirl - I took some benedryl earlier and it seemed to help slightly (probably the irriataion going on more than anything). I will see my dentist on wednesday to get things figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensodyne never worked for me but this new stuff has been amazing. I hope that everything settles down quickly.

    ReplyDelete